From a very early age, it is essential for kids to learn and recognize the alphabets. Combination of letters and sounds makes various words and sentences. If we say in simple words, alphabets are nothing but simply a collection of letters and sounds. Alphabets are considered as the building blocks of language. In order to become a literate person, students need to recognize the alphabets of ABC’s. Kids should learn to identify the letters, both in order and out of order, along with sounds attached to that letter. Once kids master in identifying the alphabets and letters they are on the right path of reading and literacy. Kids should be introduced to alphabets before they start their schooling, so that they will be well-prepared beforehand. So, parents should take the initiative to make their kids learn alphabets before they start their preschool.
When you begin teaching your kid alphabets, make it fun and creative. Kids will love to learn if these techniques are equipped in the learning process. Parents can make their kids learn alphabets by playing games such as puzzles for toddlers, alphabet recognition, etc. Now, most of the playschools adopted the technique of game-based learning while teaching kids. We all know that kids participate willingly and enthusiastically when we make them learn something by adding games. To communicate with each other it is crucial to know alphabets. While learning any language, the alphabet is the foundation of it, so kids should start exploring the alphabet first. The sooner kids are introduced to letters and sounds, the better.
From the beginning, kids should prioritise learning the alphabets before they start forming words and sentences. While making your kids learn alphabets make sure not to introduce all the 26 letters at once. Initially, start with a few letters and allow your child to hear, see and experience that specific letter in a variety of ways. Parents should keep in mind that kids learn utilizing their senses. So, they should approach their kids with alphabet colouring pages and crafts other than alphabet learning textbooks.
5 Tools Used By Mentors To Teach Alphabets
- Toys – Parents and teachers can make their kids play with toys based on alphabet learning. It will help them to learn the letters and sounds easily. But, remember to buy toys for your kids according to their age group. Alphabet learning is a crucial part in every one’s life as it is the base for further studies.
- Activities – Keep your kids engaged in various activities and make sure that these activities include alphabet learning. Parents should also help their kids in doing these activities so that they learn the correct approach of doing the activity.
- Books – Books are considered as an essential tool in the learning process. So, introduce your kids to alphabet books that contain illustrations and colourful images, so that kids show interest towards it. Make your child more knowledgeable about the use of books.
- Printable – Parents can also use printable ABC flashcards that can be accessed free of cost from the internet. By using these flashcards, make your kid recognize the alphabets in order and out of order. It is one among the good learning tools for kids.
- Puzzles – Puzzle games based on alphabet learning available out there is also a great learning tool. It teaches kids about shapes, letters, numbers, and sounds. By solving the puzzles kids can enhance their knowledge about alphabet learning.
So, we can end this article by saying that it is crucial for kids to learn the alphabet as a part of early learning. Kids should know how each alphabet functions in writing and knowing specific letter-sound associations are crucial. To help kids learn alphabets, teachers can assign them various activities related to it. Some other alternative methods are crossword puzzles for kids and matching games based on recognizing alphabets. Children will love to learn the alphabets using these materials as it will keep them more engaged rather than simply studying from textbooks.